How to completely uninstall program
We usually remove programs through control panel. But most of us do not realize that lots of uninstaller doesnâ€™t do a good job in clean up themselves. They always lefts junk files, empty folders, and even entries in registry. These leftovers will slow down your computer without any sense. So how to completely uninstall program?
1. Uninstall the program
Click on â€œStartâ€ button, click â€œAll Programsâ€, choose the software folder, and click on the uninstaller to remove the program. Or, open Control Panel, click on â€œPrograms and Featuresâ€, select the program name and click on Uninstall button.
2. Delete the leftover files and folders
Type %programfiles% and %appdata% in Start Menu search box and press â€œEnterâ€ key to open these two folders directly, find the folder with the software name, and then delete it. Type %temp% to open the Temp folder and empty it.
3. Clean up leftover registry entries(Not recommended)
Notice: Please backup your system before any alteration.
a) Click on â€œStartâ€ button -> Click â€œrunâ€ -> type regedit to open Registry Editor.
b) Go to following three keys:
64 bit system users also need to check: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node
Find the keys with name of your uninstalled software or its company name, and delete them all.
How to completely uninstall program in an easy and safe way?
You can use some third-part tools like IObit Uninstaller which can not only uninstall the program, but also clean the leftovers thoroughly.
1. Download and install Advanced SystemCare
2. Open IObit Uninstaller
3. Select the program and the click on the â€œUninstallâ€ button
4. After uninstalling, click on the â€œPower Scanâ€ button.
5. Click â€œSelect Allâ€ button, and then click â€œDeleteâ€ to remove all the leftovers
Tags: how to completely uninstall program, how to completely remove programs, how to completely delete program
- speed up computer
- disk cleanup
- how to defrag windows 7
- Object Expected
- perfect uninstaller
- driver scanner
- driver finder
- driver update software
- password protect folder
- password keeper
- Adobe Arm
- windows 8 start button
- windows 8 start menu replacement
- windows 8 start menu toggle
- windows 8 metro
- metro theme for windows 7
- uninstall internet explorer
- Speed Up Games
- Optimize Windows 7
- How to completely uninstall program
Home > Resources > How to completely uninstall program