Optimize Windows 7
To optimize Windows 7 is both complex and easy at present. You can check the tutorial about “Optimize Windows XP” to see how usually Windows optimization is. But Windows 7 has come out for just couples of months, nobody can promote a software that target to Windows 7. They can only do some common Windows 7 optimization.
In fact, Windows 10 doesn’t need all the optimization ways as we mentioned in “Optimize Windows XP”. Some of optimization ways can be used in Windows 7, but some can’t. Windows 7 is good enough , needing no common optimization.
BTW, if your computer is pre-installed Windows 7, that is to say, your computer is good enough for running Windows 7. So you don’t need to optimize Windows 7 at present, unless you’ve run Windows 7 for quite a long time.
Foreword: The newly developed operating system Windows 7 has been published at 22nd Octorber 2009. The official site of Microsoft declared that under the same hardware, Windows 10 apps boot speed is 20% faster than Windows Vista, and the inside of software has realized boot witin 15 seconds. So the boot of Windows 7 will be extremely fast. But the computer users who used Windows 7 beta, RC, RTM or other version, it is impossible to be so fast. Then what’s wrong? If we make an unsuitable system setting, exclude old hardware or virus affection? How do we do that can optimize Windows 7?
Try the Best Windows 7 Optimization freeware Now!!!
1, For better Windows 7 performance, use the recommended hardware requirements.
The recommended harware requirements from Microsoft is:
* 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
* 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
* 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
* DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
* Internet access (fees may apply)
* Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
* Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
* For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
* Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
* HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
* DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
* BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
* BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
* Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM and an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space.
* Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.
2, To optimized Windows 7, simplify system, cut unnecessary programs and startups.
1) To optimized Windows 7, cut Startups
To call startups, you can directly click “Menu” – “Run” and enter “msconfig”, and select “Startup” tag on poped window. Forbid those unnecessary startups. In common condition, we just need Anti-virus.
At “Menu” – “Run”, enter “msconfig”, choose “Boot” tag. The the boot time will be displayed at the right bottom. The default boot time is 30 seconds, you may change it faster, like 5 seconds or 10.
Choose the “advanced options”, and there will be a pop windows comes out, active “Number of processors”, select the options at drop-down menu. And then click yes and reboot the computer.
We just mentioned that how to optimize Windows 7 startup. Now that we can optimize Windows 7 startup, we can optimize Windows 7 shut down time as well. To optimize Windows 7 shut down time need to be performed in Registry.
Enter “regedit” in start menu, find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEâ€”â€”SYSTEMâ€”â€”CurrentControlSetâ€”â€”Control”, right click “WaitToKillServiceTimeOut”, change 12000(12 seconds) to a number you can accept. And then Reboot the computer.
4) To optimize Windows 7, fasten Windows switch.
Windows 7‘s interface special efficiency is really beautiful. But this beauty slow down speed. So if you want faster switch between windows in Windows 7, then please close the special efficiency of windows maximum and minimum special efficiency, you will find that it is faster when you are switching the windows.
Enter “SystemPropertiesPerformance” at start menu, get “Visual Effects” and deactive “Animate windows when minimizing and maximising”
5) To optimize Windows 7, delete unnecessary fonts
Maybe computer users are afraid of modifying the upper Windows 7 optimization options, but this step has no danger. The fonts in Windows 7, especially TrueType fonts, take some computer resources. You just need to keep the daily used fonts.
Open “Control Panel” and find fonts’ foler (commonly under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts), then move all not frequently used fonts to another folder for backup. And if you think they are useless at all, then throw them into Recycle Bin is also OK. In all, the more fonts you deleted in fonts folder, the more computer resource will be released, then Windows 7, of course, can be optimized.
6) To optimized Windows 7, fasten taskbar preview.
“regedit” in start menu, find “HKEY_CURRENT_USERâ€”â€”Softwareâ€”â€”Microsoft Windowsâ€”â€”CurrentVersionâ€”â€”Explorerâ€”â€”Advanced”, right click “Advanced”, choose “New DWORD”, type “ThumbnailLivePreviewHoverTime”, right click it and type a new unit 200, and reboot the computer.
7) To optimize Windows 7, forbid Aero theme.
Right click desktop “Personalise” – “Window Color” and deactive “Enable Transparency”, hit “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”, then choose any standard theme.
Some system services in Windows 7 operating system will take many memories. If you don’t use these services, you are wasting computer resources. But we don’t suggest you to forbid these services, because maybe you need them someday. The best way to understand each service, and adjust them one by one by computer experts.
“Control Penal”, “Administrative Tools”, “Services”, and right click each service to set.
Tags: Optimize Windows 7, windows 7 optimization, optimize windows 7 for free
- speed up computer
- disk cleanup
- how to defrag windows 7
- Object Expected
- perfect uninstaller
- driver scanner
- driver finder
- driver update software
- password protect folder
- password keeper
- Adobe Arm
- windows 8 start button
- windows 8 start menu replacement
- windows 8 start menu toggle
- windows 8 metro
- metro theme for windows 7
- uninstall internet explorer
- Speed Up Games
- Optimize Windows 7
- Optimize Windows 7
Home > Resources > Optimize Windows 7